Ricky Cheng is the firm's Director and Head of Risk Advisory, with major responsibility in the area of risk advisory services. He specialises in assisting clients in managing their internal audit function and meeting corporate governance requirements in both China and Hong Kong.
Ricky has 20 years of risk and assurance experience. He worked for large international accounting firms and had commercial internal audit experience. His expertise covers various services such as Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance, risk management assessment, compliance assistance, corporate governance compliance review, internal audit assistance, business process review, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) readiness and reporting support services review, stored value facilities (SVF) licence independent assessment review, etc.
The portfolio of clients managed by Ricky comes from various industries including transportation, property development and construction, gaming and entertainment, hospitality, manufacturing, gold and minerals mining, fast moving consumer goods, retailing and department chain stores, financial institutions such as brokerage houses and derivative products companies.
Ricky is a frequent event speaker of related topics for professional body organisations and training for listed and non-listed companies.
Current and past professional/public appointments
- Member, Advisory Peer Group of the Open University of Hong Kong (2020 – present)
- Member, Membership Committee of The Institute of Internal Auditors Hong Kong (2019 – present)
- Member, Sustainability Committee of The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (2018 – present)
- Member, Training Committee of The Hong Kong Institute of Directors (2013)
- Member, ACCA Hong Kong Committee
Qualifications and professional affiliations
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Certified Internal Auditor