Johnson Kong has over 35 years of professional accounting experience. He specialises in financial investigation, forensic and litigation support, restructuring, receivership and insolvency related services.
In addition to being the Managing Director of the Firm's Non-Assurance Services, as an International Liaison Partner, Johnson is in constant communication with many BDO offices round the globe looking after the service needs of inbound and outbound BDO clients. He is also a member of the BDO International Forensic Leadership Group.
Johnson is the President of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA). In addition, he is the Chairman of its Greater Bay Area Committee, Nomination Committee and Trust Fund. He is also a Past Chairman of the Restructuring & Insolvency Faculty of HKICPA, Past President of the Hong Kong Institute of Accredited Accounting Technicians and an Ex-Executive Board Member of INSOL.
Other current professional /public appointments
- Member, Small and Medium Practices Advisory Group , International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- Chair, SMP Business Support Task Force, IFAC
- Member, Securities and Futures Appeals Tribunal, Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau, The HKSAR
- Member, Service Promotion Programme Committee, Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC)
- Member, Mainland Business Advisory Committee, HKTDC
- Member, Audit Committee, The University of Hong Kong
- Member, Advisory Committee for the BBA (Hon) in Professional Accountancy, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong
- Member, Advisory Committee on Graduate Employment, The Hong Kong Baptist University
Qualifications and professional affiliations
- Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Practising)
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member, CPA Australia
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Honorary Member, Shenzhen Institute of Certified Public Accountants