Clement Chan is the Managing Director – Assurance of BDO Limited.
Clement was the President of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants in 2014. Over the last five years, he has actively participated in standards setting and governance activities both domestically and internationally. He is also the immediate past Chair of the Asian-Oceanian Standard-Setters Group.
Clement has actively served in a number of public interest bodies:
- Past Chairman and Board Director, The Australian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- Member, Higher Rights Assessment Board
- Member, Audit Committee of Western Kowloon Cultural District Authority
- Council Member of the Consumer Council
- Member, Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Panel, Judiciary Administration, HKSAR government
- Member, Independent Police Complaints Council, HKSAR government
- Director, UNSW Hong Kong Foundation Board
- External Advisors, Department of Accountancy & Law, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Chairman, Departmental Advisory Committee for Department of Accountancy, City University of Hong Kong
- Adviser, Department of Business Administration of Caritas Institute of Higher Education
Qualifications and professional affiliations
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Practising)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales