Supporting your business entities throughout their lifecycles
Ensuring compliance with a host of local statutory company secretarial obligations is a time-consuming exercise, especially if you have companies registered in a number of different jurisdictions. We help our clients deal with registration, maintenance, administration and corporate governance matters concerning their corporate entities.
Our corporate secretarial team has in-depth experience in assisting our clients throughout the different stages of their companies’ lifecycles. We start by helping them establish and form various kinds of entities in different jurisdictions. Then, we ensure that these entities comply with corporate governance procedures and controls on a day-to-day basis, and that their statutory company secretarial obligations are properly executed and maintained on an ongoing basis.
Registration of businesses
Many businesses need to establish companies in different jurisdictions for a variety of commercial reasons, and they prefer to partner with a firm that combines a global presence with expertise in local markets. BDO helps our clients incorporate companies in a number of jurisdictions, including:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Mainland China
- Hong Kong
We also assist clients by arranging to register their branches and/or representative/liaison offices in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
Our experienced and qualified team helps them ensure compliance with corporate regulations and advise them about changes to these.
Our services include:
- Local statutory compliance in Hong Kong and other jurisdictions
- Maintenance and custody of statutory books, records and common seals
- Attendance at directors’ and shareholders’ meetings, and preparation of the minutes for these meetings
- Provision of a named company secretary
- Advice about and assistance with the preparation of documents concerning changes of corporate structures, including changes of directors, secretaries, auditors, company name(s) and capital structure(s), as well as issue(s) of new shares and transfers of existing ones
- Applications for dormant company status under the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance
Deregistration of companies
- Handling deregistration of companies under the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance
In addition, we provide a comprehensive range of corporate secretarial services to our clients, with the aim of giving them one-stop service.
Registered office/correspondence address facilities
- Provision of registered office and correspondence addresses
- Renewal of Business Registration Certificates
- Acceptance of correspondence
- Provision of nominee shareholders
- Provision of authorised representatives
- Establishment of trusts
- Provision of trust administration services, including acting as a trustee
- Vesting of trust
EXPLORE OTHER BDO SERVICES