Clement Chan is the Managing Director – Assurance of BDO Limited.
In his present role as the Managing Director of Assurance, Clement oversees the operation of Assurance business line including its Risk Management and Quality Assurance. Under his leadership, Assurance has grown significantly over the last five years.
Clement was also the President of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA) in 2014. During his considerable time with HKICPA, he was mostly active in accounting standards setting and governance activities both domestically and internationally. He is also the immediate past Chair of the Asian-Oceanian Standard-Setters Group.
In addition to being a leader in his professional firm, Clement is widely recognised for his integrity and competency in the community which results in his appointment to a number of public positions. Clement is presently serving in the following public positions:
- Non-Executive Director, the Securities and Futures Commission
- Non-Executive Director, the Hong Kong Mortgage Corporation Limited
- Member, Independent Police Complaints Council, HKSAR government
- Member, Audit Committee of Western Kowloon Cultural District Authority
- Council Member of the Consumer Council
- Honorary Advisor, Financial Reporting Council
- Member, Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Panel, Judiciary Administration, HKSAR government
- Chairman, Departmental Advisory Committee for Department of Accountancy, City University of Hong Kong
- Adviser, Department of Business Administration of Caritas Institute of Higher Education
- External Advisors, Department of Accountancy & Law, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Director, UNSW Hong Kong Foundation Board
- Member, Higher Rights Assessment Board
Qualifications and professional affiliations
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Practising)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Master of Commerce, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Bachelor of Arts, City University, London, United Kingdom